Voluntary System of Accountability (VSA)
- NILOA’s Excellence in Assessment Designation
- College Portrait: Definitions and web reporting template for college/university characteristics including retention & progress rates, general education learning outcomes, and student experiences and engagement.
- Innovations include reporting cross-institutional retention/progress, based on National Student Clearinghouse data, and common reporting formats for results from specific sets of standardized tests and surveys.
- Individual institutions’ data (pdf files) are available at the College Portrait site. Search for Colleges by name or state.
- A joint project of AASCU and APLU. Currently, only member institutions may participate.
- NILOA’s report Transparency & Accountability: An Evaluation of the VSA College Portrait Pilot focuses on the student-learning outcomes assessment component. It summarizes how viewers use the College Portrait and how institutions see its utility and makes recommendations for future versions (pdf file).