Summaries of Research on Student Assessment of Courses and Faculty
- Papers from the IDEA Center (pdf files).
- Wode & Keiser’s review of literature about online evaluations includes a summary of general findings about student evaluations.
- Resources & articles from the Teaching Support Centre at Western University (Ontario).
- Use this link for the AERA symposium Valid Faculty Evaluation Data: Are there Any? (pdf file).
- Abstracts of the articles from the International Journal of Educational Research and the International Journal for Academic Developmentare available online. Pdf files of the full articles are available for purchase.
- Student Ratings: Myths vs Research Evidence: Vanderbilt University, Center for Teaching.
- Student Ratings Offer Useful Input to Teacher Evaluations: Michael Scriven, Center for Research on Educational Accountability and Teacher Evaluation. Summary of supports for and threats to student evaluations’ validity.
- What Do They Know Anyway? Richard Felder, North Carolina State University.
- Russell Hunt’s list of Resources on Student Evaluations of Teaching includes web links as well as references to hardcopy articles. (This is a 2002 report; some links are out of date.)