The mission of the Office of Academic Assessment is to empower the campus community -which includes faculty, staff, administration- and students, with the skills and resources to assess student learning and work toward continuous improvement.
The principles guiding DSU’s assessment work include:
- Outcome statements drive what and how student learning is assessed
- Academic success occurs over time inside and outside the classroom
- Improving student outcomes includes an analysis of the whole student experience (e.g., prior knowledge, curricula, teaching)
- Assessment is a continual process towards improvement
- Student learning is a campus-wide responsibility, and therefore assessment is a collaborative effort
- Assessment is not only about data collection, but more importantly, it includes answering questions stakeholders care about
- Program Assessment & Institutional Research
- Support Services Assessment
- Program Reviews
- firstname.lastname@example.org; Randy Jasmine, Chair-English, Chair-Faculty Senate Academic Assessment Committee.