- What Do Students Already Know? (html files)- Information and resources discussing methods to assess students’ background knowledge.
- Measuring Student Learning (html and pdf files)-Information on numerous methods to assess student learning.
- Using Rubrics (html and pdf files)-Information on why to use rubrics, development of rubrics, incorporating rubrics in a course, and other online rubric resources.
- Asking Good Test Questions (html files)-Information regarding what are good test questions, how to develop good test questions, and additional resources (pdf file).
* What is self-assessment?
* Why employ self-assessment?
* How can you incorporate self-assessment?
* What else should you consider when incorporating self-assessment?
* Resources for Incorporating Self-Assessment (html files).
- Peer Assessment (html files)
* What is peer-assessment?
* Theories of active learning (html file)
* Why employ peer assessment?
* How can you incorporate peer-assessment? (html files (rubrics and Blackboard) included in this section)
* What else should you consider when incorporating peer-assessment?
* Resources for Incorporating Peer Assessment (html and pdf files)
- Assessment Resources
* Strategies for Assessing Students (html files)
* Developing a Plan: Assessment Guide for Courses and Programs
– Course-Level Assessment Guide for Instructors
– Program-Level Assessment Guide for Administrators
– Example of assessment plans (html files)
* Developing a Plan: Assessment Resources at the Graduate Level (html and pdf files)
* CTE Working Sessions on Learning Outcomes and Assessment (html file)
- Overview of assessment.
- Putting it into practice: Tips & guidelines for developing & implementing assessment processes, with links to examples & other resources.
- FAQ, with links to other resources.
- University-wide (general education) and college-level learning outcomes.
- From the core assessment committee: Framework & guidelines for department-level & general education assessment. (Examples for the Knight Institute’s interdisciplinary courses are pdf files.)
- The Institutional Research & Planning site includes
- Reports from surveys of students, faculty, staff, & parents (pdf files).
- Information about periodic academic program review.