Student learning is at the heart of each of Columbia University’s educational programs. Understanding how well students are learning through meaningful assessment methods is central to maintaining the quality of our educational offerings. As part of Columbia’s commitment to best practices in this realm, the Provost’s Office has developed a library of resources and tools to support learning outcomes assessment and faculty efforts in this area. These efforts also serve to cross-pollinate ideas and techniques that work best within the Columbia community, and meet state, federal, and accrediting body requirements.
- Program Plan Template and Instructions
- dedicated to learning outcomes (password protected, contact Sonia Gugga at firstname.lastname@example.org for access).
- Center for New Media Teaching and Learning (html files)
- Learning Outcomes Assessment Information for Developing Program Plans (pdf file).
- Links to other assessment resources.