Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA, CLA+)
- Standardized assessment of general education skills & abilities.
- Reports emphasize institutional value-added.
- From the Council for Aid to Education (CAE).
- CLA+ replaces the CLA and CCLA (Community College Learning Assessment). See supporting materials for a comparison of the old & new versions (pdf file).
- Catalyst for Change, from the Council of Independent Colleges CLA Consortium, reports CIC members’ experience with the CLA.
- Information from and about a multi-institution CLA-based longitudinal study of undergraduate learning are available from the Social Science Research Council. The study was the basis for Richard Arum & Josipa Roska’s book Academically Adrift.