Assessment and Learning: State of the Field Review
- About educational assessment in general, K-12 as well as higher ed and in UK, European, & far eastern education systems as well as in the U.S. (the review was written to inform Norwegian policy context).
- A good source of information about “assessment” terminology & concepts — how terms & concepts developed, how they’re used in various theoretical & educational systems, and confusions that can result from overlapping usages.
- Most of the theoretical & definitional literature reviewed deals with the theoretical underpinnings of various approaches to assessment and to relationships among assessment, learning, pedagogy, & policy.
- Most of the research literature reviewed deals either with small-scale action-oriented studies in K-12 situations or with the large-scale OECD international tests; these parts of the review emphasize impacts on learning/pedagogy policy & practice rather than detailed research methods or results.
- A large pdf file, 174pp including 20 pages of references.